With rainy day season in full swing, we fashion lovers sometimes face a style dilemma when it comes to finding a look that is both fierce and functional. After all, it would be a shame to ruin those recently purchased leather boots, or have brand new faux furs uncomfortably sticking to your body post downpour. Not to fear, some of the latest looks are both chic and weatherproof. Time to make it rain!
1. A raincoat with a protective layer will keep you dry and looking fabulous. Olivia Raincoat by Lily + Jae ($284), available online and at select stores in Canada.
2. A scarf will keep you warm and cozy on those dark and dreary days. Alice + Olivia Tubular Scarf (Approx. $156), available online at Shop Bop.
3. The days of the unflattering Canadian Tire rubber rain boot are over. Pick up a pair with modern details and a sleek fit. Tory Burch Buckle Rain Boot (Approx. $225), available at Tory Burch Online.
4. Go luxe in the rain with a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves. Portolano leather gloves (Approx. $125), available at Bergdorf Goodman Online.
5. A stylish umbrella is a great way to make a statement on the streets during a downpour. Bubble Umbrella (Approx. $40) at Umbrellas.net.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver