Sometimes the rubber flip-flops just won’t cut it. One of my besties has vowed to “never wear rubber flip-flops in public” (did I mention that she happens to also be a shoe buyer?). And she certainly has a point: when it comes time for fun in the sun, it’s always nice to have a few different options for summertime sandals. This year’s top looks combine different textures, architectural shapes, embellishment, and luxe detailing. The great thing about picking up a pair right now is that summer markdowns are finally hitting the stores. Now if only the sun could stick around for little while longer….
1. An all-around flat sandal is a practical addition to your footwear collection. The elastic stretch material on these babies are super comfy and the style is classic. Michael Kors Pressley Toe Ring Sandal ($120), available at Michael Kors Boutiques nationwide and Browns Shoes.
2. The cutout sandal is the perfect modern touch for any summertime ensemble. Deena & Ozzy Canvas Cutout Sandal ($38), from Urban Outfitters.
3. Wedges are the “it” shoe of the year. Jeffrey Campbell Black Ninja Wedge ($185), available online at Oak NYC.
4. A beautifully constructed sandal is the ultimate summer essential. I am madly in love with these clog-style, leather wrapped wooden heels. Fluevog Rahab Faiths ($219). Available at John Fluevog stores nationwide.
5. If you must go the flip-flop route, choose a pair that is made out of different materials or added embellishment. This will elevate your look, and more appropriate for everyday wear. Bravo Browns Leather Flip-Flops ($54), at Browns Shoes.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver